A full-stack developer is a developer or engineer who can build both the front end and the back end of a website. The front end (the parts of a website a user sees and interacts with) and the back end (the behind-the-scenes data storage and processing) require different skill sets. Since full-stack developers are involved with all aspects of the development process, they must have expertise in both.A full-stack developer can work in-house or at a computer development company that engineers websites, software, and other components for other businesses.
Responsibilities of a Full Stack Developer:
- Design the backend of the application – He must be able to build a robust backend architecture to fetch data from the servers.
- Creating databases and servers – These systems must be resilient to outages and must function endlessly.
- Ensuring Cross Platform compatibility – Applications must run smoothly on all operating systems like Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- API development – Depending on the application architecture, the developer is responsible for API creation.
These APIs perform crucial tasks like fetching data from the server.
- Meet all technical and consumer requirements – The developer must be able to build responsive applications that meet customer requirements and keep them engaged.