To get started building your WordPress website, you should begin by choosing a theme. A theme defines the appearance of your website, and each theme comes with its own design, layout, and features. Your theme is customisable, and you can change it at any point without losing your content.To make the most out of your website, you can use plugins. Plugins are additional features you can install on your website. There are a wide variety of both free and paid plugins available, and each has its own use. They can, for example, improve the performance of your site, protect your website against spam, or help you with SEO. Plugins generally make creating and maintaining your WordPress website a lot easier.
Responsibilities of a WordPress Developer:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.